miércoles, 12 de septiembre de 2012

Umbrella Man Alternate Ending

This is my Ending to Roald Dahl's Umbrella Man:



When we got home we didn’t spoke about what happened earlier. The next day, it was raining cats and dogs. I didn’t want to get wet in my way to school. So, I took the old man’s umbrella and walked to the bus stop. There I was, waiting for my bus under the umbrella when a lady crossed by carrying her baby. She looked worried and I realized that he was poor and that her baby was sick. I felt very sorry for them and offered her the umbrella. “Take it” – I said - “You need it more than I do”. She smiled to me happily “Thank you” – she said and continued her way to the hospital. I didn’t get a penny but I got a mother’s gratitude and her smile. It worthed a lot more than a penny.
Soon I forgot about the umbrella but one day I was waiting for my bus to go back home after school. It was raining but the bus stop had a roof and a bench. I didn’t notice when an old man sat next to me, but I do noticed the umbrella that he had in his hand. I looked at him and I got amazed. He was the little old man that sold my mother the umbrella and he was carrying it with him!
-Hi there- he said – Yes, it is me and yes, this is the umbrella- He laughed loud.
-How come…?-
-I don’t know, you pretty young lady- he answered before I could ask him –It always return to me. And in its way back it performs beautiful acts.
I was astonished.
-I guess someday it will leave me, as well as it came to me in the first place. Who knows? Maybe someday it will return to you… I think that’s your bus honey-
Indeed, my bus was coming. I got on the bus. When I looked outside, he was already offering the umbrella to a young guy. I'm sure that I will be seeing that umbrella again!

The End

2 comentarios:

  1. Some changes you should do:

    -"She looked worried and I realized that he was poor and that her baby was sick."
    I'm pretty sure you are talking about a lady so write SHE, for god sakes!
    -"It always return to me."
    I believe it's "returns"...

    Concerning your story, that oldman, always giving his umbrella to young people, hope hes intentions are good!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Grammatical errors, correct them.

    ResponderEliminar